Curious about what I’ve been up to in the past few weeks? Read on.
1. For those of you who don’t know them, I am very proud to share a stage with the Ezekiel Jay band. They are:
Toby Ahrens (drums) – Toby is the outstanding performer heard on my record. He teaches drumming and you can also see him playing with long time SD blues legend Robin Henkel
Brock Smith (bass) – Brock crushes it on bass guitar. He also plays for Americana songwriter Patrick Norton
Ryan Irby (lead guitar) – Our superhero lead player is also in a band with Brock at Point Loma Nazarene
Also, thank you to John Langan (i.e. “Tramp” of Danny and the Tramp) who filled in for Ryan on my birthday!
2. Speaking of the birthday show, thank you so much to everyone who came out to Soda Bar to support me and ensure I had one of the best birthdays of all time. Special thank you to sweet Sheri for knocking herself out to get all the goodies and decorations ready! Thanks to Jen for the write-up in her blog. Thanks to The Mike Michaels Program for the drinks, Mishelle from The Social Animal for the gifts, and everyone who pitched in for the cake! Uberthanks to everyone who stayed late for my buddies in Not Machines who, for the record, simply rule.
3. Next show is THIS Sunday (May 13, Mothers Day) at 7pm at The Ruby Room in Hillcrest. If you go: Moms get a free CD, everyone else will get a free mp3 download of the album; We will be playing acoustic favorites The Captain and Live Like a King; Before the show, professional juggler/stilt walker Nathaniel Allenby will be entertaining you all!
3. We have another show Friday, June 1 at The Go Lounge in La Mesa. People are still talking about how we jam packed the place for our debut show in March.
4. I am in the process of sending my CD out to California Adult Alternative radio stations and college stations. I am also trying to get songs licensed for TV and Film. Musicians take note – this is one of the best ways to get paid for your songs these days. If anyone would like to use my music for any creative indie project, let me know and I will probably give it to you for cheap or free.
5. The DnT show at the Indie Music Fest in Vegas was a blast and the amphitheater was HUGE. What an amazing experience. I will be also be playing with them in my role as Fourth Guy at the Rock N Roll Marathon and the SD County Fair (see the Danny and the Tramp website for calendar).
OK, enough horn-tootin’ for one day. I hope to see you at The Ruby Room!
Wishing you love, fulfillment, and many good times,